What this DIY WordPress website workshop will cover:
- How to install WordPress onto your hosting account
- How to install a theme and selected plugins
- How to set your menus and create pages
- How to design your pages included good design practices and tips
- How to upload images and optimise them for your site
- Basic on page SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) to get your SEO journey started
What you’ll get at the end:
- A live website that is ready to convert your followers to customers.
- Your online presence will go from zero to hero and you will have somewhere to direct your customers to that showcases you and your business better than Facebook or Instagram can.
- A marketing platform to collect email subscribers to grow your email marketing platform and target your customers in a more strategic way.
- Higher conversions and a way to track your sales and customer habits.
Things you need to know:
This workshop will be run over 5 days and will incorporate a group Zoom session of between 1-2 hours where I will show you on a live site how to do the necessary steps to get your website up and running. You will then have the opportunity to put what we’ve discussed into action. The video sessions will also be recorded in case you can’t make it.
- The Zoom sessions will be in the evening (starting around 7:30-8pm) – to cater for homeschooling, work and #mumlife in general.
- The Zoom sessions will be around 1 – 2 hours
- You will have the opportunity to ask questions during these sessions – in fact, it’s encouraged.
- There will be a private Facebook group for workshop attendees only to ask me questions, advice and guidance.
- You will need to have a hosting account for the WordPress database to be loaded on to. I can help you with this prior to the workshop if you don’t have one. It can be with any hosting provider you prefer, however I do recommend Siteground to my clients and use them for my own sites.
- If you’ve already begun the early stages setting up of your website, the first day or 2 might be covering what you’ve already done. But you can still benefit from the design aspect of the workshop.
This workshop will commence on Monday 4 May 2020 – Friday 8 May 2020.
The cost will be $247 per person.
$47 is payable on booking to secure your place. The balance of $200 will be deducted on day 1 of the workshop.
This workshop will be capped at 6 people maximum – so be quick to secure your spot!
Is this workshop for you?
- You don’t have a website at all
- You’re in the early stages of attempting to build yourself a website but feel your failing miserably
- You have no idea where to start, but you know you need a website… like yesterday.
NOTE: This workshop is a limited time offer at this price. Its been put together to help small business owners get online quick in these trying times. A DIY website course will be offered later in the year.