What would a beautifully designed website mean for your business?
Maybe you’ve got a website but you want to learn how to build and design a website so you can add it to your business offerings?
Do you look at all these DIY website courses and think to yourself, they’re all the same? They show you a whole heap of techy jargon then leave you to fend for yourself!
WELL, NOT THIS ONE!
In as little as 5 days you could be online and ready to scale your business with me holding your hand and cheerleading you on every step of the way.
Hello! I’m Belinda – your host
A down to earth WordPress Website Designer specialising in web design, content creation and website management for start ups and small businesses – just like yours. I’ve been there, done that and bought the t-shirt on most things WordPress design and I’m here to show you it doesn’t have to be as scary as they say! 😉
So, how will this workshop help me?
Simply put, my DIY WordPress Website Workshop is all about helping you create a website that will scale your business without throwing your laptop out the window in the process. I know WordPress can be a scary place which is why I’ll not only guide you step by step through the whole build and design process – you’ll have access to me and my brain for a whole month! No fending for yourself like so many leave you to do. Now that’s something you don’t get offered everyday! 😀
Let’s ask the big question first, is this workshop for me?
For most business owners budget, time or know how are the 3 reasons we put off doing.
This workshop will give you the know how in a short dedicated period of time for a fraction of the cost of a done for you site. Now that’s what I call ticking the boxes!
Keep reading if:
- You don’t have a website at all
- You’re in the early stages of attempting to build yourself a website but feel your failing miserably
- You’re scared you’ll completely stuff it up trying to do it all on your own
- You have no idea where to start, but you know you need a website… like yesterday.
- You have a website, but it sucks!
- You have a website on another platform, but want to move across to WordPress
- You know you need a website but you don’t have the budget to have it done for you.
- You’re a VA or service provider who want to learn how to create a WordPress site for future clients.
- Passionate about growing your business
- Willing to put the work into designing a kick-ass website
- Over sending PDF’s or a Facebook link every time someone asks for more details on your business
- Want to take advantage of an offer that will get you online for a fraction of the cost of a done for you site…
Then this is also for you!
What will I get at the end?
- A designer website built on the popular Divi theme that is geared to convert, draw leads and showcase your business in the way it deserves!
- Your website will be in your business branding and will have your touches and personality because… YOU DESIGNED IT!
- You’ll have an online presence that will take your business from ok to wow without the price tag!
- But probably the clincher that makes this DIY course different is you have access to moi – helping you avoid all the DIY design mistakes.
Disclaimer: While your website will have the basic elements needed to convert more sales, simply having a web presence won’t guarantee a sales boom or $10k months! What I can tell you is that your website will be the building block to growing your business and converting leads into sales. If you are prepared to put in the work, then you’ll have a website you can be proud of.
What will you help me with?
I’m going to help you get online fast with a website that you’ll not only be proud to show off, but grows your business! I’ll be there showing you STEP-BY-STEP how to build your website and design it like a pro, holding your hand as you go!
- Setting up WordPress on your hosting account including correct password and username procedures – I’ll even help you set it up!
- The settings within WordPress to ensure things like your URLs are correct and homepages are set.
- Selecting plugins and how to upload them to your site, plus key plugins you need including security, SEO, speed and more.
- Making sure your site is secure and how to create backups.
- How to create pages, menus, footers, headers for a solid base to your website
- Working with the DIVI page builder and templates so you can get a kick-ass website up super fast – don’t stress, Divi builder is drag and drop, so it’s super easy once you know how!
- Designing your key pages including styling tips, tricks and advice and DIY mistakes to avoid.
- We’ll even cover the basics of SEO so your website will be on it’s way to being indexed from day 1.
Wow, sounds great! What do I need to do?
You will need to have a couple of things ready if you want to get the most out of this course. If you already have a business logo and branding then you’re well on your way. If you don’t, that’s ok. You can still complete this workshop, but it would be good if you had your own mood board or colour palette ready so you have something to work with. I find Pinterest is a good place to create mood boards or inspiration boards.
Here’s a quick list of what you’ll need:
- Logo or business branding. If you don’t have this, that’s ok, but have an idea of colours you want to use. The simpler the better if you’re undecided.
- Website hosting and domain. I can help you get this before the workshop starts if you don’t already have it sorted. But if you do, then awesome! (Note: this is an extra cost and usually sets you back around $100 a year)
- Written content. Ideally, you’ll need some written copy to go into your website. If you don’t have anything written up yet, then you can write it as your designing your site, but it’s best to have an idea what you want/need to say though.
And that’s it!
Still got some doubts?
I’m Excited! What’s The Details?
This workshop will be run over 5 days of instructional training and learning with 3 added weeks of support, guidance and advice – that’s a month of support and help. The instructional part will incorporate a group Zoom session of between 1-2 hours where I will show you on a live site how to do the necessary steps to get your website up and running – all Step by Step. You will then have the opportunity to put what we’ve learnt into action. The video sessions will also be recorded in case you can’t make the live session 🙌
- You will have the opportunity to ask questions during these sessions – in fact, it’s encouraged.
- There will be a private Facebook group for workshop attendees only to ask me questions, advice and guidance. So you have me on call for the whole 4 weeks!
- You will have the option to have a 1:1 Zoom session with me for up to 30 minutes where we can go through your site and check it’s all looking ok and give feedback – for your peace of mind.
- You will have the opportunity to send me your site for review and receive feedback on what’s working and what might need some tweaking. After all, this workshop is about getting a beautiful website that converts.
- The workshop is aimed at non-techy, small business owners who want to get a website up and running in a set time without breaking the bank or want to learn web design for potential clients – not learn how to become web developers! #Keepingitreal.
This workshop will run on Monday 1 March 2021 – Friday 5 March 2021 inclusive. There will be 3 weeks of ongoing support after that where you can ask me questions, ask advice, feedback or tips. That’s a total of 4 weeks learning and design time.
The workshop will be capped at 6 people to make sure I can give dedicated time to all. So you best get in quick if you want to fix your website woes now!
If you want to get your new website up and running and hit 2021 with a bang, secure your spot now!
It’s VERY LIMITED!!!!
But before we get to that, let’s recap what you get.
Saving the cost of a “done-for-you” WordPress website: $1697 (minimum!)
Divi Theme Licence (Lifetime – no need to renew!): $330
Up to 2 hours Zoom Training session each day for 5 days: $1000
A 1:1 zoom session with me to go over your website: $149
A dedicated web designer helping you when you need it most for 4 whole weeks: Priceless!
PLUS… YOU ALSO GET… (Cue the demtel ad guy lol)
FREE Lifetime access to my new NavigatingWP Website Management Course (once it’s released)
That’s well over $3500 value!
But don’t pay that! This is probably the most surprising part of all.
A fully designed WordPress website can be priced anywhere from $1000 for a basic website up to $20,000 and beyond depending on the complexity.
Now, I’m not saying those investments aren’t worth it, they totally are!
But sometimes our budgets don’t stretch quite that far, especially when we’re just starting out in business.
So, I’m here to help you get online with your very own website for the fractional cost of (insert drumroll here)
Don’t pay $3500
Meet the “me” behind the website…
Hi! I’m Belinda, your down to earth website designer who is about as technical as a gold fish. There, I’ve put it out there. Probably not what you want to hear, hey? But let me tell you how that’s a good thing for you. 🙂
About 4 months into my maternity leave (almost 8 years ago now!), I decided I needed a hobby and a way to generate a little income while at home with our son. With a little research and a crash course in all things online business, I built my own online baby boutique from scratch with very little knowledge or experience under my belt. My husband thought I was crazy, and maybe I was!
But the joy I got out of building my own business and watching it grow was like watching your children grow. They become a part of you in a funny sort of way.
But it turns out, I enjoyed the creative build of my business more than the day to day running and I found my passion was actually in web design and writing. I would spend hours on my website, tweaking and perfecting it, making sure the content was appealing and engaging to any one who stopped by.
I’ve since sold my eCommerce store and this is where you will now find me, building the dreams for you.
Building the website that you so desperately want but fear keeps getting in the way (I know how you feel, websites can be scary places at times!). I love to design and create and I will sit there for hours until it’s perfect!
So why this Workshop?
Knowing how tough it can be for a small business to grow in today’s market, I thought putting on a group workshop where I could help a small number of business owners get a leg up with a website for a fraction of the cost would be the way to go. As it’s a group setting, I can offer this workshop at a hugely reduced rate to what a done for you product would cost. I know you’re doing the work, but I will be there to guide you and hold your hand for the whole week so you can create a website you can be proud of.
If you’d like to know more about me before signing on, feel free to check me out here.
Oh and a little fun fact… this is where my baby boutique ended up. The lovely lady who purchased it has grown it into something I’d never even dreamed of… and it’s beautiful!
Not quite ready for this course?
No worries, pop your details below and you’ll be notified of the next one.