What would a beautifully designed website mean for your business?
Maybe you've got a website but you want to learn how to build and design a website so you can add it to your business offerings?
Do you look at all these DIY website courses and think to yourself, they're all the same? They show you a whole heap of techy jargon then leave you to fend for yourself!
WELL, NOT THIS ONE!
In as little as 5 days you could be online and ready to scale your business with me holding your hand and cheerleading you on every step of the way.
Hello! I'm Belinda - your host
A down to earth WordPress Website Designer specialising in web design, content creation and website management for start ups and small businesses - just like yours. I've been there, done that and bought the t-shirt on most things WordPress design and I'm here to show you it doesn't have to be as scary as they say! 😉
So, how will this workshop help me?
Simply put, my DIY WordPress Website Workshop is all about helping you create a website that will scale your business without throwing your laptop out the window in the process. I know WordPress can be a scary place which is why I'll not only guide you step by step through the whole build and design process - you'll have access to me and my brain for a whole month! No fending for yourself like so many leave you to do. Now that's something you don't get offered everyday! 😀
Let's ask the big question first, is this workshop for me?
For most business owners budget, time or know how are the 3 reasons we put off doing.
This workshop will give you the know how in a short dedicated period of time for a fraction of the cost of a done for you site. Now that's what I call ticking the boxes!
Keep reading if:
- You don't have a website at all
- You're in the early stages of attempting to build yourself a website but feel your failing miserably
- You're scared you'll completely stuff it up trying to do it all on your own
- You have no idea where to start, but you know you need a website... like yesterday.
- You have a website, but it sucks!
- You have a website on another platform, but want to move across to WordPress
- You know you need a website but you don't have the budget to have it done for you.
- You're a VA or service provider who want to learn how to create a WordPress site for future clients.
- Passionate about growing your business
- Willing to put the work into designing a kick-ass website
- Over sending PDF's or a Facebook link every time someone asks for more details on your business
- Want to take advantage of an offer that will get you online for a fraction of the cost of a done for you site...
Then this is also for you!
What will I get at the end?
- A designer website built on the popular Divi theme that is geared to convert, draw leads and showcase your business in the way it deserves!
- Your website will be in your business branding and will have your touches and personality because... YOU DESIGNED IT!
- You'll have an online presence that will take your business from ok to wow without the price tag!
- But probably the clincher that makes this DIY course different is you have access to moi - helping you avoid all the DIY design mistakes.
Disclaimer: While your website will have the basic elements needed to convert more sales, simply having a web presence won't guarantee a sales boom or $10k months! What I can tell you is that your website will be the building block to growing your business and converting leads into sales. If you are prepared to put in the work, then you'll have a website you can be proud of.
What will you help me with?
I'm going to help you get online fast with a website that you'll not only be proud to show off, but grows your business! I'll be there showing you STEP-BY-STEP how to build your website and design it like a pro, holding your hand as you go!
- Setting up WordPress on your hosting account including correct password and username procedures - I'll even help you set it up!
- The settings within WordPress to ensure things like your URLs are correct and homepages are set.
- Selecting plugins and how to upload them to your site, plus key plugins you need including security, SEO, speed and more.
- Making sure your site is secure and how to create backups.
- How to create pages, menus, footers, headers for a solid base to your website
- Working with the DIVI page builder and templates so you can get a kick-ass website up super fast - don't stress, Divi builder is drag and drop, so it's super easy once you know how!
- Designing your key pages including styling tips, tricks and advice and DIY mistakes to avoid.
- We'll even cover the basics of SEO so your website will be on it's way to being indexed from day 1.
Wow, sounds great! What do I need to do?
You will need to have a couple of things ready if you want to get the most out of this course. If you already have a business logo and branding then you're well on your way. If you don't, that's ok. You can still complete this workshop, but it would be good if you had your own mood board or colour palette ready so you have something to work with. I find Pinterest is a good place to create mood boards or inspiration boards.
Here's a quick list of what you'll need:
- Logo or business branding. If you don't have this, that's ok, but have an idea of colours you want to use. The simpler the better if you're undecided.
- Website hosting and domain. I can help you get this before the workshop starts if you don't already have it sorted. But if you do, then awesome! (Note: this is an extra cost and usually sets you back around $100 a year)
- Written content. Ideally, you'll need some written copy to go into your website. If you don't have anything written up yet, then you can write it as your designing your site, but it's best to have an idea what you want/need to say though.
And that's it!
You're Not Alone
Take the stress and overwhelm out of WordPress by designing your new website with me as your support network, guiding you along the way. Ask questions, advice or just get some feedback.
Learn WP Without The Jargon!
One of the biggest hurdles many face when working with WordPress is the jargon and technical terms that seem to get thrown around like we all know what they're talking about. Don't worry... I'll keep it as simple as possible.
Build Online Presence
Having a website is an important asset to your business. It shows professionalism and allows you to showcase your business in it's best light. It instils trust that you're there for the long haul. No more FB links to customers!
Have Control Of Your Site
A lot of people have a website but they have no idea how to use it or even change their own email address in the contact page! Building your own website will give you full knowledge on how to make the small changes and big ones!
Paying a website designer or developer to build your website can stretch the budget. Designing your own website with me will give you all the knowledge of a web designer for a fraction of the cost - with the same outcome!
I know life is super busy that's why I've designed this course to run over 5 days, with 3 weeks of support. You can get in and get it done or use the whole 3 weeks - the choice is yours! You'll also save oodles of time not having to frequent Google and YouTube!
Still got some doubts?
Yes, I'm sure you can! I did! But the thing with that is, it will take a lot of your valuable time. It took me over a year to fully grasp the power of WordPress and then another 3 years learning the ins and outs and making a whole lot of mistakes in the process! You should see my first few sites... actually... don't! 😱
Doing it alone leaves you open to distractions or finding it too hard and quitting half way through. Having someone supporting you along the way will keep you on track and motivated to get to the end.
Yep, so have I. And to be honest, I was almost wondering whether I go ahead and do it. But then I looked deeper into them and, whilst they promised similar outcomes, they still left you fending for yourself. Sure you get all the videos and guides, but you still have to put it into practice - alone. Yikes! I don't want you to feel alone in your journey because I know WordPress can be a scary place. I'll be giving you the personalised, real person support that the other courses lack.
I'm all about keeping it real and keeping it simple. I'm not a techy person by nature so I won't bombard you with all the techy stuff either. If you get stuck at all during the 4 week duration, just holler. That's the difference.
You most certainly can! I'm proof of that. You honestly don't need to be techy to design a beautiful WP website. I'm not techy either!
I'm not going to lie, there are elements of WordPress that can be technical or require extra knowledge, but as a business owner you don't need to know that. You need to know how to manage your site, how to make changes and where to go if something does break.
I'll be there to help you through any of the "techy" parts so you don't have to feel like you're going it alone. I'll show you things like how to optimise an image so it doesn't slow your site down and how to jazz up said image once it's on your page. I'll also help you avoid some of the design mistakes that so many DIYers make in the early days. 🧐
No, you won't!.
We've all been there, done that and bought the t-shirt. DIY always sounds so easy but then the motivation drops off because we get stuck or have no one to ask that pesky question to (said every person who's ever been to Bunnings!). That's why I'm here to help keep you on track and be there for those questions that you might think are "dumb". Trust me, they're not because we've all asked them at some point. If you put in the work during the 4 week duration, you'll have a fully functioning website at the end, ready to show your clients and potential clients. Now that's an achievement!
No! The beauty of doing this course with me is I will give you access to my LIFETIME DIVI THEME DEVELOPER LICENCE. That means that you won't have to pay a cent for the theme licence for as long as you're running the Divi theme. Your theme will also receive lifetime updates. WOOHOO!
When I work with you on a website, I always opt for free plugins in the first instance. Of course there are paid plugins that give amazing features and tools, but you won't need those to start with unless you're needing to integrate something outside the standard box on your site (eg. complex shipping models, membership/subscription sites etc.). If you think you might need help with a complex set up, please contact me.
Again, yes you absolutely can and truth be told, I've probably visited most of those sites! But that's the thing, as I mentioned above, it all takes a lot of time and you sit there reading or watching to then have to go and put it into practice - all by yourself. The overwhelm with reading a 5 page blog or watching a YouTube video is real and the frustration of not having anyone to clarify something with can put your project on the backburner real fast!
The other part of this is there is A LOT of information out there and many ways to do things. There's also a lot of half answered questions or presumed knowledge in blogs or forums. The rabbit hole can become large and your time can be sucked away REALLY QUICKLY!
How much is your time worth to you?
Aside from the workshop, you may need to purchase website hosting and a domain name for your business - if you haven't already got them.
Domains can be purchased from as little as $10 - $20 depending on your domain name. You can check your domain name availability at Crazy Domains.
Website hosting is needed for WordPress. This is where your website lives. I recommend Siteground for start up hosting as they're good value and they provide the best service on the market at the moment. I also use them for my own websites. Allow around $100 for a year hosting.
If your website isn't using any paid plugins, then your annual costs for keeping your site up will be the domain and hosting. It can be a lot cheaper than other paid website plans.
I can help you with both hosting and domains before the workshop begins.
I'm Excited! What's The Details?
This workshop will be run over 5 days of instructional training and learning with 3 added weeks of support, guidance and advice - that's a month of support and help. The instructional part will incorporate a group Zoom session of between 1-2 hours where I will show you on a live site how to do the necessary steps to get your website up and running - all Step by Step. You will then have the opportunity to put what we've learnt into action. The video sessions will also be recorded in case you can't make the live session 🙌
- You will have the opportunity to ask questions during these sessions - in fact, it's encouraged.
- There will be a private Facebook group for workshop attendees only to ask me questions, advice and guidance. So you have me on call for the whole 4 weeks!
- You will have the option to have a 1:1 Zoom session with me for up to 30 minutes where we can go through your site and check it's all looking ok and give feedback - for your peace of mind.
- You will have the opportunity to send me your site for review and receive feedback on what's working and what might need some tweaking. After all, this workshop is about getting a beautiful website that converts.
- The workshop is aimed at non-techy, small business owners who want to get a website up and running in a set time without breaking the bank or want to learn web design for potential clients - not learn how to become web developers! #Keepingitreal.
This workshop will run on Monday 1 March 2021 - Friday 5 March 2021 inclusive. There will be 3 weeks of ongoing support after that where you can ask me questions, ask advice, feedback or tips. That's a total of 4 weeks learning and design time.
The workshop will be capped at 6 people to make sure I can give dedicated time to all. So you best get in quick if you want to fix your website woes now!
If you want to get your new website up and running and hit 2021 with a bang, secure your spot now!
It's VERY LIMITED!!!!
But before we get to that, let's recap what you get.
Saving the cost of a "done-for-you" WordPress website: $1697 (minimum!)
Divi Theme Licence (Lifetime - no need to renew!): $330
Up to 2 hours Zoom Training session each day for 5 days: $1000
A 1:1 zoom session with me to go over your website: $149
A dedicated web designer helping you when you need it most for 4 whole weeks: Priceless!
PLUS... YOU ALSO GET... (Cue the demtel ad guy lol)
FREE Lifetime access to my new NavigatingWP Website Management Course (once it's released)
That's well over $3500 value!
But don't pay that! This is probably the most surprising part of all.
A fully designed WordPress website can be priced anywhere from $1000 for a basic website up to $20,000 and beyond depending on the complexity.
Now, I'm not saying those investments aren't worth it, they totally are!
But sometimes our budgets don't stretch quite that far, especially when we're just starting out in business.
So, I'm here to help you get online with your very own website for the fractional cost of (insert drumroll here)
Don't pay $3500
Belinda is an absolute WordPress master (and a generous human being too!), who will always do all she can to make your experience smooth and stress free. She will help guide you through the tough stuff you thought you would never understand, and will hold your hand as you navigate your way through learning new skills and mastering the world of WordPress. With Belinda’s guidance I have tackled many problems and come out on top. Thank you!
I can recommend Belinda She was so easy to work with and the support throughout was amazing. She nailed the look and feel of my website. I wanted a clean streamlined website and Belinda delivered. I am not very technically savvy, but Belinda was able to break it down for me to make sense. Thank you!
Belinda is a delight to work with. She is extremely knowledgeable and explains things so well. Quick to respond to queries and always available. I will definitely be calling on her expertise in the future, she has been an absolute pleasure to work with.
Meet the "me" behind the website...
Hi! I'm Belinda, your down to earth website designer who is about as technical as a gold fish. There, I've put it out there. Probably not what you want to hear, hey? But let me tell you how that's a good thing for you. 🙂
About 4 months into my maternity leave (almost 8 years ago now!), I decided I needed a hobby and a way to generate a little income while at home with our son. With a little research and a crash course in all things online business, I built my own online baby boutique from scratch with very little knowledge or experience under my belt. My husband thought I was crazy, and maybe I was!
But the joy I got out of building my own business and watching it grow was like watching your children grow. They become a part of you in a funny sort of way.
But it turns out, I enjoyed the creative build of my business more than the day to day running and I found my passion was actually in web design and writing. I would spend hours on my website, tweaking and perfecting it, making sure the content was appealing and engaging to any one who stopped by.
I've since sold my eCommerce store and this is where you will now find me, building the dreams for you.
Building the website that you so desperately want but fear keeps getting in the way (I know how you feel, websites can be scary places at times!). I love to design and create and I will sit there for hours until it's perfect!
So why this Workshop?
Knowing how tough it can be for a small business to grow in today's market, I thought putting on a group workshop where I could help a small number of business owners get a leg up with a website for a fraction of the cost would be the way to go. As it's a group setting, I can offer this workshop at a hugely reduced rate to what a done for you product would cost. I know you're doing the work, but I will be there to guide you and hold your hand for the whole week so you can create a website you can be proud of.
If you'd like to know more about me before signing on, feel free to check me out here.
Oh and a little fun fact... this is where my baby boutique ended up. The lovely lady who purchased it has grown it into something I'd never even dreamed of... and it's beautiful!
Not quite ready for this course?
No worries, pop your details below and you'll be notified of the next one.